I just had to set aside the 10,000 words I’d written as a start to what I’d planned to be my first novel manuscript. I came to the unfortunate realization that one of the main characters was not really logically feasible in the way I wanted him to be. I know that doesn’t make sense because of the level of abstraction, but it basically comes down to that I didn’t think through enough how the real world would work with this character, and how he would work in the real world.
My brain is working on the problem in the background, and I’ve already got one possible solution, but I’m scared to dive in and use it without letting it stew for a while longer this time. And in the mean time, I’ve got several other ideas in my wiki organizer to work on.